United Colours – Creating a European support network for LGBTI migrants: Call for italian participants
3-8 July 2017 (travel days excluded) Palermo, Italy
(Erasmus Plus – KA1 -2016-3-IT03-KA105-009632)
Since LGBTI migrants suffer multiply discrimination, and in Europe there is a heated debate about global migration, asylum and mobility policies.
This project aims to promote the European values of tolerance, solidarity, promotion of human rights. Specific objectives are:
- Creation of a permanent, sustainable and efficient network of organizations for the LGBTI migrants support
- Personal and professional competence development of youth workers, social workers, educators, activists with the LGBTI migrants and/or migrant communities
- International strategy development in order to fight for the human rights of LGBTI migrants
- Sensitization of the communities – both local and international level – of the issues faced by this target group
Arcigay Palermo (Italy; Host organization), Oma Tuba (Tallin, Estonia), Magyar LMBT Szövetség (Budapest, Hungary), United Societies of Balkans Aistiki Eteireia (Tessaloniki, Greece), Bulgarian Network for Human Rights Education (Plovdiv, Bulgary), United Colours of Humanity (Artuklu, Turkey)
- Youth workers, social workers, educators, activists, psychologists, counsellors, etc. working for the promotion of the LGBTI rights and/or with migrants and/or with LGBTI migrants.
- Able to speak English at least at medium level
- Motivated to be part in a working group, to share experiences and to create a network
- Minimum age limit of participants is 18 years – there is no maximum age limit.